Saturday, October 09, 2004


This is Little Venice. Unfortunately my camera ate the pictures I took of the buskers and stall holders at Venice Beach (dammit!) and of the Muscle Beach at Venice (dammit!!!) but thankfully it preserved Little Venice itself. Picturesque, and petite. I was disappointed to discover that there were only three rather short canals. The age of the automobile ensured the obliteration of much of Little Venice thanks to landfills (some of the bridges remain but the canals have been turned to concrete). Some of these houses were gorgeous (can't tell from the trees, huh) and none of them had driveways (no road connections, just lots of water) or for that matter, cars. That's what the punting boat thingies are for I guess. The water was amazingly shallow and I was tempted to walk in the canal but rethought my position just in case it was a fineable offence. There were also a few ducks and swans cruising aimlessly down the canals - no fish, that I could see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home